Monday, August 25, 2008

Yey! Off to Adult Summer Camp!
Question: What do you do with a completely free holiday weekend when you don't want to be stuck in the city on your tod feeling like Billy-No-Mates cos all your friends are somewhere else?
Answer: Book yourself into an adult summer camp!!

So I made the "what the hell" decision to go off on Friday to Club Getaway for the Labor Day weekend (hopefully I wont be too jetlagged by then). I booked on a whim as I got sent it through the Event Me emailing list and its basically like a Butlins for adults! Its based in the Berkshire Mountains in Conneticut and there's a bus that leaves from Manhattan. It sound all good, clean fun - lots of outdoorsy type activities (gotta start my cycling training in earnest when i get back!) PLUS you can also have trapeze lessons! (which has been on my list for ages!). It looks fairly basic on the website but I figured a great way to get outdoors, get active and hopefully meet some new & fun people. Hopefully I don't get roomed with someone who snores heavily but, after 9 months of dating Sam, at least I know which earplugs to buy!
http://www.clubgetaway.com/

No comments: