Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bloody sodding insomnia - again!
Aarrghh. Its 1.50am in Glasgow, I'm slowly farting myself to death in my shoe-box sized hotel room and I can't bloody sleep. This, despite the 400mg Neurontin (perhaps I should have taken the whole tablet instead of breaking it in two..). I'm actually actively starting to dislike Glasgow - I know, its very unfair of me, but someone has to take the fall, so I'm afraid "European City of Culture", its your rap. Its amazing also how much shite runs through your mind in the wee small hours when you're unsuccessfully trying to perform as simple a human function as falling asleep. Also was unsuccessful in my time zones conversion skill, as I thought it was 6am in Cyprus, so gave Mum a call for a pep-up chat. It was 3am. Oops. But felt much better after talking to her - but consequently am now even more awake. Am toying with the idea of chasing some elusive zzz's again or maybe I'll just throw in the towel, get up and do my packing. (why is it, when I travel, I'm a completely messy cow? lying here in bed, looking round at my room, its like a bomb exploded in my suitcase as there's stuff just everywhere!! Actually, the very thought of getting up and starting packing is exhausting. Maybe I'll ponder that a while longer - it may be the mental Ambien I need.....

No comments: