Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Day 25: An American Classic
So, like the Olympics, Kitchen Store Cupboard Challenge is entering into its final phase.  Only another 5 nights to go and, frankly, I'm amazed by how much food is still left in my cupboards.  Not that I have any desire to find out just how long it would take me to completely chomp my way through all my stores - I don't think I have the capacity to consume that many lentils in such a short space of time.  Plus I'm not sure the ozone layer could handle the sudden resultant spike in bio-gas production.

Anyway, so no KSCC yesterday as I was out having dinner with my team from work and today I had lunch out, so supper tonight was a very simple affair, the American classic PB&J!  Before I moved to the States, I used to think the idea of PB&J was disgusting - same as pouring maple syrup all over bacon - yuk!  Then I actually tried it - and its delicious!  Salty and sweet and oh so wrong, its soooo right!!  Especially bacon slathered in maple syrup - bloody marvelous!  So tonight, i dug out a couple of slices of bread from the freezer, used up the last traces of blueberry jelly (it feels very satisfying to chuck stuff out cos you've used it all up, rather than it having gone all mouldy and yukky) and continued to make dents into the jumbo sized jar of peanut butter from Costco.  Simple, tasty and super quick.  Here are the scores on the (toaster) doors:

Day 25: Toasty roasty PB & J with the mostie
DoD: 1 (defrost, toast, eat, repeat)
II: 1 (only 1 type of bread in the freezer, one type of jam, one jar of PB - it pretty much assembled itself...)
PfBF: 1 (zero risk here....)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

groannnnn!!!! MY ABSOLUTE fave thing in the world....many rounds of that is sheer bliss...but alas its all in the past now..sigh. love youxxxxxx