Saturday, August 04, 2012

Am I the only one......
who went to go see The Dark Knight Rises and was bored to tears?   Well, maybe that's a little strong, but my seat had an edge and I definitely wasn't on it.  The weather in SF today was a bit crappy, overcast and not that warm, so I decided that today was a day for indoor pootling, followed by an afternoon matinee.  Allowed myself a bit of a lie-in (no travel this weekend - huzzah!) before getting up around 10am, getting round to doing the tidying up I couldnt be arsed to do yesterday and then rewarding myself by immersing myself in the Olympics for a couple of hours.  Team GB had a kick-ass day today, winning 6 gold medals - alas, having to watch them courtesy of NBC and the incessant sodding adverts, the only gold i got to see in real time was the 10,000m race.  Its at times like this i do pine for the Beeb.  Nevertheless, it was still incredibly exciting - i was screaming at my telly - God only knows what the neighbours thought.  Seeing lots of FB posts from my mates who are actually at the Olympics in London - it must be such an incredible atmosphere, so very envious of them!

But, back to SF - not such a terrible place to be.  Anyway, I head off down to the Metreon for the 4pm IMAX showing of The Dark Knight Rises and i just didn't think it was all that exciting.  It was too long and all too predictable.  Even the twist at the end, you could see coming a mile off.   Don't get me wrong - it was still worth seeing (and Christian Bale is my own personal visualization of Christian Grey) and the sound quality was a-maz-ing, but i watched it as an observer, rather than getting totally caught up in it and immersed in the story.  As I watched, i also had this recurring urge to feed Anne Hathaway.   Surely its not legal to look that hot in a leather cat-suit?

No comments: