Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Walk in the Park
Get Lean and Loopyliscious Challenge: Week 1 Results

Well then.  What a week its been.  Week One of the Get Lean and Loopyliscious Challenge is over and  how did i do?  All in all, pretty bloody good, i think.  Just to remind you, this week was Officially Designated as Walk Week.  Despite it being quite a busy week at work, I managed to go for 2 early morning walks PLUS some excellent hiking in Yosemite as well as a bike ride (bonus activity!).  According to my Slacker Tracker, I managed - over the course of the weekend - to burn almost 6,000 calories and to take 24,000 steps!!  So.. *drum roll please* - did I hit my target for the week?

Here are the Scores on The Scales:

Necessary target for this week to avoid fine-age: 10%
Achieved target for this week: 14%

BOOOOYAH!!!  Week One and DONE!!  You can put all those forfeits back on the shelf for another week, cos I am SAFE!!  I did not use any Prince Passes AND - because of some Herculean calorie-burning efforts in Yosemite, I stayed within my weekly calorie deficit target.

IMPORTANT RULE CHANGE: instead of having to hit my daily calorie deficit target, I am changing the rules such that I now have to hit my weekly calorie deficit target.   Its not cheating cos I still, on balance, need to come under the same amount but - this way - if i go over by 10 calories on one day but then am 100 calories under the next day, I'm not going to have to use one of my precious Prince Passes.  Those will now get automatically activated should I go over for the balance of the week.  Ultimately, the expression will be in if I hit my weekly 10% additional increment towards target so - either way - plenty of opportunity for you all to screw me over if I don't stick to my goals!

OK - now onto Week 2 - Zumba Week!  All I can say is that I'm profoundly grateful that i now have enough room in my apartment here in SF that I can work along to the Zumba! DVD in the comfort and privacy of my own home, without having to inflict my appalling dyspraxic flailings on any unsuspecting member of the general public.  Elegant, I am not.  But a calorie-burning, Week 2 Target Achieving Machine?  That I (hopefully) am!!  BRING IT ON!!!!

1 comment:

Mumsie said...

well done you off to a cracking start! if you could camp and hike every weekend you would be at target in 6 weeks. however i think mosr of your readers are hoping for a little blip so some forfeits can be given(no not me darling how could you even think such a thing)but i cant see that happening unless someone force feeds you lard! Hmmmmmm lard cant get it here . thanks again for another funny read it helps pass the time as we sweat through yet one more day and put cool night breezes on our wish list.lots love miss you and thanks for the mug.Pity lou guessed her christmas pressy though xxxxxxx