Monday, June 04, 2012

Phase III of Operation Birthday GlobeTrot Back on Track!!

Absolutely delighted to report the (so-far) smooth resumption of normal service and am now finally sitting at the gate for Druk Air, waiting to board my flight in about half an hour.   Had an over-priced and underwhelming breakfast at the hotel i will be happy to charge the travel agent for (with the floppiest toast i've ever seen), did a quick spot of blogging before finishing up my packing and heading off to the airport.

No problems with checking in today, although i had to pay a change fee for my ticket and for extra baggage weight.  They only accepted cash but - cos today was today and not yesterday - my ATM card worked fine this time and got my cash without any problems.   So paid my extra and also reflected on the fact that i appeared to be the only passenger checking in who didnt have an enormous digital TV as a travel companion.  Wondered if traveling with an oversized item of digital paraphenalia was another condition of a Bhutan visa, but i seemed to have slipped through the net with that one, so on i went through passport control and security.

Now THIS was more like it.  Lots of bright, shiny shops with bright, shiny lights and pretty things to look at.  Eschewing materialism for gluttony, however, i headed for the food court and treated myself to a bowl of pork ramen noodles to make up for the crappy breakfast just in case the catering in Economy for Druk Air isnt the lavish feast I've gotten used to with United's delicious Tapas snackboxes.   So, will a full tummy and a significantly lighter heart than yesterday, let my holiday begin!!!

No comments: