Friday, June 01, 2012


Cross Country Country
So on the flight home to SF (still love being able to say that), I finally discovered what I do on planes when I'm not working.  Apparently, my at-leisure modus operandi is to listen non-stop to Country music.   There it is.  I said it.  I finally came out as a fan of Country and Western music.  I blame the "Country Boy Meets Country Girl" tape cassette that Mum bought me as my first ever album when I was growing up.  I've obviously been irreversibly patterned at an irretrievably early age (it probably also explains why I'm a hopeless romantic always destined to be unlucky in love – my dating history sounds like a Dolly Parton track).   Anyway, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em I say, so – as my 40th birthday year approaches – I've decided on my first of (probably) many resolutions – before my 41st birthday, I will record my first album and it'll be a country music album.  I've been meaning to do it for ages, so this is the year to make it happen!

OK. You can all stop laughing now.

No.  Seriously.  Miranda Lambert – watch out!!  I'm a'comin' to git ya!

No comments: