Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 13: Phase III Operation Reverse GlobeTrot COMPLETE
Tokyo – San Francisco
So, finally, I am home.  The flight over from Tokyo to San Francisco was just over 9 hrs but it didn’t seem that long at all.  For once, I had a very entertaining travel mate, a Brit called Richard, who was in the international toys business (freshly-married and very in love with his wife, so settle down) so we chatted for a good couple of hours at the beginning of the flight.   He then went to sleep (his seat wasn’t reclining and I had no intention of trying to sleep (no Ambien) so I gave him mine instead) and I watched back to back trashy movies and drank champagne and wine.  Perfecto.  The flight was smooth, the food was reasonable so it was a very pleasant flight and, all too sudden, it was over and we were touching down in SF.  Because of the time difference, despite having travelled for most part of a day already, it was only 9.30am!  Immigration was a breeze (although I’m having trouble now finding my green card, so hope that turns up!!) and my bags duly arrived, intact, so all that was left to do was hop in a cab, and head home.  What an amazing, amazing experience and kick-ass way to enter my 4th decade!!  BRING IT ON!!!!

No comments: