Friday, September 14, 2012

Announcing an Important Amendment to the Get Lean and Loopyliscious Challenge
So, as we dive head-long into Week 4 of the GL&LC, I've decided to use my Executive Power and institute an Important Rule Change.  I consulted the P of Double D and he has agreed to the change, so here it is.

Then:
Originally, the intent was to progress, slowly and steadily each week, towards my total (top secret) weight loss goal at an incremental 10% each week.  10% the first week, 20% the second... you know the drill.

Obviously things have not (quite) progressed to plan.  Yet.

Due to the Scientific Weight Loss Breakthrough of the Decade and the identification of the wistful wobblyness known as "nostalgic fat" that is stubbornly resisting my attempts to find it a new home, I remain more resolutely rotund than is reasonably reasonable.  At a woeful 18% of target, with next week's goal of 40% laughing at me from its inaccessibly lofty heights, something quite simply had to be done, dear.

And yes - I have finally got round to watching Downton Abbey.

So, here is my solution.

Now:
Instead of trying to hit a unobtainable-without-elective-selective-amputation overall target, I shall instead endeavor to hit a weekly target.  The (still top-secret) amount of chubbage to be shed in a week is actually the same that I've been failing to lose so far (so i'm not gaming it to make it easier for myself) but it does mean that I can start afresh, each week with at least the hope of reaching my goal (rather than the inevitability of inevitable defeat).

So, win win.  I can avoid a forfeit by reaching my weight loss goal for that week.  And continue to progress towards my ultimate non-tubby target.  

However, if I fail to reach my goal ( and I have to be 100% or more of goal, no room for error this time) then you sadistic lot get to see me re-fire up the Feline Forfeit Selection Engine and throw myself again on your (quite obviously limited) mercy.

A perfect blend of hope, vegetables, dramatic tension and felines with the thrilling possibility of both despair or redemption.  Or both.  Wrapped up all in one little yellow scrap of paper.

So then, Wednesday.  BRING IT ON.

3 comments:

Mumsie said...

would,nt it just be easier to say you want to lose a certain poundage 10 or 15 whatever and yor target is 1.5 or 2 lbs weekly it would give us a hook to relate too and you can still keep your actual weight a mystery? still however you decide is fine with us avid readers ,some of whom are still no doubt thinking up sadistic tasks. not me however not ever not at all!however remember that hike up an Austrian mountain when the guide put a big rock in your backpack..........? lots love darling enjoy your weekendxxxxxxxxxxx

Ashley said...

Wouldn't it just be easier to start drinking excessively like you used to and eat lots of delicious fattening things and just sit in front of the television? Surely that would be so much easier. I think you are amazing doing this challenge and if you need to make subtle changes to the rules I am all for it. After all, we don't want you getting sick trying to reach these crazy goals. Take a little breather, re-assess where it is you are trying to get to and then give yourself more attainable targets - that way you can give yourself a pat on the back each time and it will build your confidence moving forward. Rather than feeling like you are failing and then you will get panicky because you are not hitting target.

Bun bun said...

@Ashley - if I dont meet my target this week, after doing all the exercise, watching my diet closely AND going on the wagon, I am very tempted to do a control experiment week where I do do nothing but sit on the couch like a lazy arse, drink ridiculous quantities of champagne and gorge myself on Cadburys.

Yes - I think the rule change was a good call, so fingers crossed for a good result this week. Of course, for you mean lot, a good result would mean my missing my target by 1% and having to face the P of Double D again....