Thursday, October 18, 2012

U.S. 314,605,302 ..... plus me!!
So, then.  I was 0.1lb away from my goal yesterday and, as many of you gleefully pointed out, it was time to suck it up and take my forfeit like a man.  As the cats are still on strike and I think enduring three Duck Tours is probably not healthy, another method of forfeit selection was called for.... Cue my trainer, Natalie!  In my training plan for October, one of the goals she's written for me is "No More Forfeits!", so it only seemed appropriate that I enlist her help in sealing my doom for this week.   So, the P of Double D got another outing today as he accompanied me to my training session and for an impromptu photo shoot.   Here's how it all played out - God only knows what the other folk in the gym made of all of this.....
Natalie is very excited to meet the P of Double D
High drama at 24 Hr Fitness as the forfeit is selected
Really?  Really??.... The forfeit is revealed and.....
it's totally unreadable from this distance.....
But the US of A prepare yourselves - the forfeit is....

START CITIZENSHIP PAPERWORK
Yep - Mumsie, your forfeit finally got selected!!  So, this weekend, I will be starting to figure out the process for applying for my citizenship!  Its funny this one got picked as I was just thinking about it this morning, prompted by seeing a friend on Facebook who got her green card at the same time as I did announce that she'd just become a citizen.  So, its about time i got my arse in gear - so thanks Natalie and the P of Double D - here's to taking that first step to becoming an dual citizen!!

2 comments:

Mumsie said...

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! Thank you for just failing to reach your target am very very happy( can you tell)? Lots love xxxxx

Unknown said...

excellant!!! you got job,house,cats.and plastic vegetables invested in the country, time to stand up and be counted!!! i hope the process is less fraught with pitfalls and officaldom than here!!! excellant blog and glad p of the double d got a dusting off!! love you lots xxxx