Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Arse.  Arse.  Arse.  
Week 7 Results of the Get Lean and Loopyliscious Challenge....
....and I'm "celebrating" at Paragon restaurant, the bar that is handily attached to my building (and - at which - I qualify for a 10% residents discount - bonza!!).  And, by celebrating, I mean engaging in a small act of rebellion by ordering some fries to go with my glass of sangiovese.  I had the beet salad earlier on, but I've sat here so long now, smelling other people's food as I've been watching the baseball (what's happening to me??!!  first running, now baseball??) that I just couldn't take it any longer, and succumbed to temptation.  And why not, I ask you?  For today saw the unveiling of the results of Week 7 of the Get Lean and Loopyliscious Challenge - and i'm mildly annoyed.

As a reminder (cos its been a while): my weekly target: 1.5lbs

My results this week:  ****wait for it*******



*****wait for it*********




My results: 1.4lbs!!!

1.4lbs!!  1.4, I ask you!!  That's just a pee away from goal, a micro-dump from target, a mere 0.1lb sh*te from success.   Honestly, although it means i have to go and rouse the Potato of Destiny and Despair from his slumber to draw ANOTHER effing forfeit, I really can't be unhappy with the progress i've made.  Despite my less-than-perfect calorifically-challenged weekend, I still managed to drop some weight, plus i'm starting to notice the difference that the running is making to my overall body shape.  So, despite the underwhelming performance on the scales, I'm pretty damned pleased with how I'm doing right now - and that, in the end, is the most important thing, right?

But, high rhetoric and lofty ideals aside, I hear you all circling and baying for the next forfeit so, as soon as i've finished these fries and waddled home, I will subject myself to the P of Double D and see just what fate awaits me......

*stay tuned*


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!!! Well done Forest!!!!:)

Jessica C. said...

ARSE! Paragon is an excellent place to drown ones sorrows however and it would be rude not to partake in a few fries whilst watching the most American of sports!

Thrilled to hear that the dubious delights of running are growing on you. I've personally always found it to be tremendously effective with that whole reshaping the lower half malarkey. As a result its torture does tend to grow on you rather significantly!

I await the (barely deserved) forfeit selection with bated breath. xx

Mumsie said...

Well done my darling. after all that running you deserve a good result.But .fortunatly, for all those sadists out there we still get to see another forfeit performed.a bowl of salty vineagary chips is a worthy reward.lots lovexxxxxxxxx