Thursday, September 18, 2008

Greetings from Athens!

Its a tough life sometimes. Am now in Athens for my big meeting that I've been working on all year (eek - fingers crossed all goes well!) and about to head into a 6 hour slide review meeting. Thats the bad news (or a necessary evil!). The good news is that the hotel is lovely (thank goodness - a little bit Eighties but charmingly so!), with a stunning view of the Acropolis and *drum roll, please* I have a suite!! Whooo-hooo! Usually doesn't happen (despite me being the one signing the cheque!!) but this time, Eileen came through for me so I have an big suite with separate living room, dining room and an enormous outside terrace facing the Acropolis. Just the job for sitting outside, with a gin and tonic and watching the sun set over Athens. Which basically is what Rachel is doing right now, whilst I'm stuck in slide review - relaxing in the sunshine by the rooftop pool with a dacquiri!

No comments: