Thursday, September 19, 2013

FAMOUS AT LAST!

Well, sort of.

As my regular Blogwatchers will know, I enjoy taking a good piccie now and then - I was taught the basics of how to use my Canon Digital Rebel XTi by a then-boyfriend (now just a good friend) a couple of years after i'd first moved to NYC.  8 years later, I still have the same camera (albeit slightly dinged up - like its owner) and the same love for travel photography.  I feel quite proud of myself today as I entered one of my favorite pictures into my company's annual art show, The Art of Sudler - and I think it looks great!!   It was taken back in 2008 at the Prean Khan temple in Angkor in Cambodia and, as the caption details, I stalked this monk for a good half hour or so, trying to get the perfect shot.  I just loved the contrast of his vivid saffron robe against the ancient stone, and the way the light was dusting his bristly scalp.  I think he noticed he was being stalked by a crazy western girl with a big zoom lens and may have got slightly annoyed, but hopefully my karma wasn't too badly damaged....

Looks rather good, I think!
Found my target demographic.  Sebastien
 the dog digging my shot.
Close up.  Reprints available upon request!!  

4 comments:

mumsiemumsie said...

New career maybe? Yes, its not to dusty darling, and its lovely to see some of your great pics that we blog watchers enjoy are exposed to a different audience . Well done my darling,xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ashley said...

Thats really cool Sarah. Well done!

Bun bun said...

Thank you! i had this one and the one of the Tigers Nest monastery in Bhutan, but plumped for this one. Seem as if its been a very popular choice! (over 40 likes on Facebook!)

Unknown said...

love it sooooo much!!! perfect piccie and yes please would love one for me wall, so i can show off me soopy's talent!!! love you xxxx