Friday, May 24, 2013

Inadvertent idiocy 
I couldn't resist sharing this email that hit my inbox this afternoon.  Names have been changed to protect the self-important.


So... umm.... yeah.  I think you probably want to re-think that e-mail before you hit the "send" button.

Really, people?  Is it all that hard to type in an extra SEVEN letters??  Somehow, God only knows, I managed to refrain from replying to this and instead engaged in some heavy-duty eye-rolling instead.  Not quite as satisfying, but come on now - I know acronyms and abbreviations are part and parcel of corporate life, but please lets try and keep a modicum of common sense involved in the M.I.X. too.

2 comments:

mumsiemumsie said...

Could not agree with you more darling.Texts and e mail are destroying the English language , plus I don't understand much of it.! Am guessing that f u is follow up but am struggling with other one. Stay vigilant and please post more examples , makes for a giggle. Is it only me who is judgemental when seeing this mangling of language ,forming a slightly negative opinion , even without meeting them ? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ashley said...

I could not agree more. Besides (and I defer to Mum) should it not read 'an f-u' and not 'a f-u'? I have a cousin who writes to me in abbreviated text language. She is in her 50's and I guess thats how she communicates with all of her friends. It takes me longer to decipher the code than most. I find it exhausting.
Have a fabulous 3-day weekend to our American readers.