Thursday, February 21, 2013

In the bag
And by that, of course, I mean bagpipes.  So here's just one of the many amazing performances I thoroughly enjoyed my first night aboard the QM.  What you can't make out very clearly because it was as much felt as heard, was the incredible deep rumble of the big bass drum.  When that kicked in to the rhythm of the pipes and rat-ta-tat drum, it was sublime.  Its bloody exciting too to listen to - no wonder my Hendricks consumption rate was accelerated! 



As a Brucie Bonus, here's a little snippet of another riff I wish I'd recorded more of - unfortunately, by this time, Pete had got very chatty (and the bar v.noisy!), so that scuppered my ability to capture this kick-ass performance.  Its probably the musical equivalent of Robbie Burns and Bryan Adam's secret love-child.  Fantastic.

1 comment:

alison mcquade said...

oh you'd love the Whiskies of the World festival on april 6 - you must come along!