Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ro(u)te Learning: 
Catchy Carpark Catechisms to Captivate, Counsel and Comfort

Ahhh....SF.  How I love thee.  May you live long and prosper.  I know its been a ridiculously long time since my last post   so, to make amends, I thought I'd share just a quick one with you tonight from an excursion Lori and I took back in the summer last year.   This was still during the throes of the Get Lean and Loopyliscious Challenge where I'd failed in my mission that week and the forfeit de jour was a trip to the Conservatory of Flowers.  Alas, Lori and I had taken ages to get our arses in gear, so we were driving through town, hungry, a little out of sorts and not really in the mood to go slog our way over to the other side of town, through the crazy Saturday afternoon traffic, to search for a 100% guaranteed-impossible to find vacant parking spot.

So instead, we said bollocks to that plan and instead decided to cut our losses with the traffic in North Beach, with the plan to head over to my spiritual home, The Bubble Lounge, for a long-overdue inaugural visit.  Alas, the Bubble Lounge hadn't yet opened when we got there (and it wasn't even that early - honest!), so instead we headed for another great North Beach landmark instead, the Stinking Rose!  For those of you who haven't heard of this place, its claim to fame is that - as you could probably guess - absolutely everything on the menu has garlic in it.  Yes.  Even dessert.   As its been a while ago, unfortunately i cant remember what exactly i had to eat but I do recall it wasn't all that brilliant and it was horrendously overpriced for what it was, so needless to say, neither of us will be back.  But, it was One of Those Experiences I can now check off my Overpriced and Overrated Restaurants list, so not all was lost.

Anyway, the whole point of this very quick blog (yes - I KNOW i still owe you all the Festive Digestive Digest - its coming!) was to share with you something I've never seen before in any city anywhere else in the world but here, in SF.  This was in the parking garage in North Beach that we found some space to park in and I thought they were just fab, so here they are for you to enjoy too.  Feel free to add your own pearls of wisdom too.....

...and a great cosmetic surgeon
Yes, Mumsie - I know, I know - I still need to buy
my earthquake preparedness kit....
And what your head can't overrule....
Nope.  Leave that to Match.com and Angry Birds.
Umm.. depends how much of a sucky friend you are, I guess...
Plus a Lot of Chocolate and A Fridge full of Champagne
Dammit.  In a nutshell, why procrastination sucks.
  But - hang on - if you think too long about undoing something,
 will that then undo the undoing and then result in it doing -
without you actually having to do anything?  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! SOo funny as only you know how!! you sre so fast and clever with your little sayings wish had your brain!!!! thank you as us blog followeres have felt a little lost and forgotten but this makes up for it and i know you ahve been desperatly busy at work too so all os forgiven! love you both xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mumsie said...

Fantastic ! Zen parking ! Love it ! Should be on the tourist trail plus sarah's additions.xxxxx