Sunday, December 30, 2012

!!STOP THE PRESS!!

*******P of the Double D and Mr and Mrs P.H are delighted to announce their emigration from the USA to Northern Cyprus*******

With the remaining forfeits from the GL&LC packed safely within the P of Double D, I can now reveal that the PH family joined me on my Thanksgiving pilgrimage back home to Northern Cyprus.
  
To make sure their trip was safe and comfortable, they were securely nestled inside my hand luggage, thus avoiding the potential for tuberous theft by any potato-loving Turkish Airlines baggage handlers.   While ensuring a safe passage, it also guaranteed me some very strange looks as I sent my hand luggage through the security screening machine.  What?  You've never seen a single lady vacation with a Mr Potato Head before?  Sheesh....

Anyway, upon arrival, they then lay in wait, hidden from all inside an old blender box of Dad's, before emerging triumphant on Christmas Day to surprise my sister as the VIP guests of the day!  As you also now know, I'd turned the GL&LC blogs into a book for her, so to get that, plus the rockstar P of Double D himself, meant she was absolutely thrilled!! (although, at first, before she'd opened it, she apparently turned to Dad and said, questioningly, "Sarah's bought me a blender??").   I'd also given her the Kitchen Store Cupboard Challenge book too - this one was accompanied by a Spam tin lunchbox, a tin of Spam and a tin of baked beans that she opened first, also to some bemusement - and then all was revealed when she opened up the book.  Bloody brilliant.  To set that up alone for Christmas Day made the 24 hr journey to get to Cyprus worthwhile.

So, please join me in wishing the Potato of Destiny and Despair and Mr and Mrs Potato Head much happiness and fun in their new life in Northern Cyprus.  I'm looking forward to reading Loopy's FB posts on their crazy adventures and I know already that they are awaiting the 2nd International Duck Day with eager anticipation.  Bring it on!!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What marvellous xmas presents they were. As Louise was unwrapping the first one all she could say initially was but Sarah knows I dont like spam and then there wasnt a dry eye in the house when Mr P of Double D made his appearance. Unfortunately he has fallen foul of immigration already as they discovered he was an illegal immigrant as he hadnt applied for an ESTA. It took me all of my influance to stop them from deprting him and the rest of the family. we eventually claimed political refugee status for him as I said that he was Irish and that he was in great danger of being eaten if sent back. Invitations for the 2nd International duck day have been sent out and we are waiting on a reply from Sir Steve to light the flame for the opening ceremony.
Dad

Bun bun said...

Nice to know, when the chips were down, that the P of Double D had you in his corner. Thanks for saving his (potato) skin! Otherwise, he'dve been totally stuffed!!