Friday, December 14, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....
Finally, now the travel of the last couple of weeks has passed, its time to get all festively blinged-out for the holidays!  So today saw our 2nd annual trip to Delancey's Christmas tree lot, located just down the Embarcadero at Pier 30, to go find our perfect arboral addition.  Last year I went a bit bonkers and bought an 8ft tree that we had to get help to carry in the house, and which barely fit through the screen door!  It also (apparently) came with a healthy dose of wildlife that migrated into Mum's room downstairs, so this year she put her foot down and I was banned from buying anything taller than me.   
After only about 15 minutes of um-ming and ah-ing, we settled on a 5-6ft Noble Fir tree that looked great, full-bodied and nicely bushy, not too needle-droppy and was only $65 (last year's one cost me $120 and took me a full hour to choose, so a smaller tree was certainly better for the wallet and patience this year!).  We then spent a lovely couple of hours trimming the tree and decking out the rest of the apartment, while White Christmas played on the telly.  A perfect start to our holiday season!  

And tomorrow, Santacon arrives......

Stay tuned for the crazy.....
Naked tree!
The Christmas Fairy and her lights...
All lit up!
The boys keeping a look-out for Santa....
Ta-da!!
Candles, stockings and White Christmas.  Perfect.
Festive table
Beautiful rustic decs from Loopy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ah it looks sooooooooo festive and hope mums encounter with the wildlife is minimal this year!!! always looks so tasteful and sophisticated too but then you have the uber christmas dec co ordinator with you and the cats look angelic too!!! love you lots and lots and lots xxxxxxx

Ashley said...

Sarah and Sue - I hope that you had a very nice time in New York. Welcome Home. We are leaving for our holidays so I will take this time to wish you both Merry Christmas. None of this Happy Holidays crap. The decorations at your home look lovely - I have to give myself a pat on the back, I hit the jackpot with your home. I absolutely love it. What a great find. You have made it so beautiful. Loved the photo of the cats waiting for Santa. Love to you both and don't forget to save two ooey gooey slices of 'this is going to give you a heart-attack' cake.

Bun bun said...

Ashley - yes indeed, you deserve to take full credit! Not a day goes past that i'm not grateful for my beautiful home and you made that happen for me, so you did good! Mumsie and I wish you and Kelly a wonderful Christmas and fantastic New Year - we hope you have a fabulous cruise and there will, indeed, be a couple of slices of OGBC waiting for you on your return....