Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 9: A Vision in Green
I know, I know.  Today's effort in the Kitchen Store Cupboard Challenge is not one of my most visually appealing efforts.  But its a Monday, I was late home from the office and I already ate one of the two remaining portions of Cauliflower Cheese and Pasta Weirdness for lunch, so i couldn't face it again for supper.  So, time for my standby staple - broccoli mash and tilapia, accented with sunflower seeds and a big fat helping of cabbage.  Looks like something the cat threw up but actually mildly tasty.  I have to say I am starting to miss milk for my tea (I just can't face soy milk in my Tetley's) so instead I tried the box of Rooibos tea that Mum bought last time she was here, that's been sitting at the back of my cupboard completely neglected.  I'm not sure exactly what its supposed to do for you (I think I vaguely remember her telling me a cup a day is the secret to everlasting youth and vitality) but it certainly has a very distinctive, almost medicinal taste.  Its a little hard to describe (think gargling with TCP and you're close) so i added a sachet of Stevia (another cupboard find) which made it somewhat more tolerable.

God only knows what i'll be drinking by Day 27.
Here's the scores on the doors for tonight:

Day 9: Cat Splat Cabbage and Tilapia
Ingredients: Tilapia, mashed up broccoli, cabbage, sunflower seeds.

DoD = 2 (use of electric blender added to potential danger factor)
II = 1 (zzzz-fest)
PfBF = 1 (too dull to taste of anything than what it was)

Overall assessment: functional, but dull supper.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

omg....how did this manage the eye appeal to mouth test?!! you should have a rating for that... the VAE..Visually Appetizing Effect.Keep the posts coming i adore them!!!!And dont feel so far away from you anymore..thanks.. love you lots xxxxxx