Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Your mission, should you choose to accept it…..

Well, here's something a bit fun, after the "fun" of the last few days.  I've just picked up attending a gastroenterology conference next month in Vienna, which will be great for work - and also great for taking a couple days off afterwards to explore!  My conference ends the afternoon of Wednesday 22nd October - and I'm booked to fly home from Vienna first thing in the morning on Sunday 26th.

Your job then, blog-watchers, is to come up with my itinerary for those three days.  What should I do?  Where should I go?  Should I stay in Vienna and see the sights locally?  Should I rent a car and drive somewhere else?  Should I get a flight and hop across to some other part of Europe for a couple of days?  Where should I stay?  (you get bonus points if your itinerary uses my Starwoods rewards points for the hotel).

The rules for this contest are:
1) please don't bankrupt me
2) don't get me arrested
3) no driving more than 4hrs total in a single day
4) one distinct thing to do or visit each day

The prize for this assignment are
1) bragging rights
2) my eternal gratitude
3) some kick-ass blogging
4) a slice of sachertorte jiffy-mailed to you

May the best blog-watcher win!!

5 comments:

sam gonzalez said...

I was just there for Easter this year. Stayed at the Hotel Bristol and got a fab suite overlooking the opera house (thanks to my Starwood status). Did a tour of the opera house (which was cool), hit a few art museums (have to have some culture, right?) and went to an AMAZING dinner at Steirereck Im Stadtpark (yum). A few things to consider while you're there. Have fun!

mumsiemumsie said...

And there you have it,Sam wins !!!!!!!!!Iwould have a bash but all the guidebooks are in your flat and I don't have a smart anything with apps !!!! One task though for you, could you find a Christmas Tree decoration, I know it will be too early for the markets but maybe a store ?lots love xxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

think sam has the win here, but in the middle of Vienna, you have to sit in a cafe listening to Ultravox, and not sing it out loud!! gotta be done!!
* How bout popping over to Budapest for the day?!
* You can also print off a Walking Tour map and traipse round!
* For up to 14 euro's, get a tram pass and go on the Ringstrasse tram tour, print off another tour map if you dont fancy walking!
* Visit Beethovens grave ( the composer not the dog!)
* Go to Prater Amusement park and ride on the 220 foot ferris wheel!
* Shonbrunn Palace and the zoo next door
* If you there when they are go see the Vienna Boys Choir, dates in October are... 3rd, 10th,17th, 24th, 31st...
Hope these gives you some ideas!!! have fun!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Rent a bike on Donauinsel and ride round the island.
Visit Room Escape Wien and pass the challenge within the hour.
Visit Central Cemetery and find Beethoven, Brahms, Schubert and Strauss final resting place, photographic evidence needed.
Spend some time at Prater Park, ride the Ferris wheel.
Try and join a ghost walk.

Dad said...

With the suggestions posted I concede defeat. All I know is that you will need more than 3 days to appreciate the magnificent architecture
xxxxxxxx