Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Postscript.
Ahhh.  Revenge.  Dish.  Not hot.  Consumed. 

Just a few words that sprung to mind, as I went to get my cuppa joe from the Jumbotron of  Java this morning.  As a beverage poster boy for the Temple of Tech that i'd blogged about just the day before, imagine my Schadenfreude surprise and delight to be greeted with the sight below....  Since its installation less than a month earlier, its been very temperamental and the mechanic (or probably - more accurately, programmer) has had to come out twice already to fix it.  I guess the third time was the charm and so its been consigned to the "looked better than it worked" scrapheap that is already littered with Miracle Blade knife sets, Neck Genies and ex-boyfriends.
Not so fancy now, huh?
So, as I pumped my coffee from the urn, after it having been brewed in the classical, drip and filter fashion, I couldn't help feeling just the tiniest bit validated in thinking that newer isn't always better, and sometimes simpler is a more elegant solution than application of the complex.  Design without a purpose will never replace the need for function, and intelligent thinking will endure past fleeting fads and fashion.

Let's hear it for the old school.  Yeah.

1 comment:

Mumsie said...

well said my darling well said.xxxx