Sunday, October 05, 2008

Back home - to a surprise gift!!
So now back home in Manhattan, refilling my lungs full of fresh city air, after a lovely weekend with the gang.  Today we got up around 8am (after a night's sleep disturbed by a chirping smoke detector) and, after a little light yoga stretching to wake my body up, Iain and Rachel cooked an ENORMOUS English brekkie for everyone.  I was uber-healthy and stuck to my nice and clean oatmeal - yum!  After breakfast, we wandered into town for a mosey round - I bought a ceramic red apple for the kitchen (perfect for putting my brillo pads in!) and Rachel splurged and bought an etching (bargain at $900!).  After a soy cappuchino in town, we then headed back to the house to check out and head back to Manhattan.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous - beautifully clear and sunny, so the drive back through the Catskills was stunning, with the vibrant colours of the autumn leaves on the trees.  Felt a bit sad driving past Woodstock but I guess to be a little expected, so I'm not going to give myself a hard time or get too wrought up.

So got home about 7pm to find that the boys had accidently locked themselves in my bedroom.  God knows how long they'd been in there but i'd wager quite a while, by the squeakiness of their meows and how pissed off they were.  Dozy sods - I guess I'm going to have to start wedging the bedroom door open now too.   Started my unpacking (both from the weekend and from Cyprus!) and found that the little darlings had peed in my suitcase.  Oh joy.  But I guess it could have been worse - at least they hadnt peed on the bed.  So I chucked out the clothes they'd peed on and counted myself lucky (perfect excuse to replace my semi-knackered suitcase anyway!).  Then re-counted as I discovered that they had, indeed, peed on the bed.  Oh double joy.  So now I'm sleeping on the blow-up bed in the lounge until I can buy some pet urine remover tomorrow - I just hope it works as replacing the mattress will turn this into a very expensive little weekend getaway!!!  *sigh* 

No comments: